Split your scripts into multiple files
It is a good idea to split your script into multiple files
- When writing scripts for bigger modpacks, your script might soon become pretty long and confusing.
- Debugging a long script might take really long, especially if you have an error that doesn’t point out a specific line in your script.
What we know/need to know
- CraftTweaker can load files from multiple script files.
- CraftTweaker can even load files in subfolders.
- Also, CraftTweaker can load .zip files that contain .zs scripts inside them, as long as the .zip file is not password protected.
- Split your large scripts into multiple smaller ones.
- You could for example create one script for each mod, or each mod handler.
scripts thermalExpansion Compactor.zs Crucible.zs Vanilla Recipes Remove.zs Shaped.zs Shapeless.zs Seeds.zs oreDict.zs
- Your script files become easier to debug.
- An error won’t stop your whole script from working but instead only a small part of it.
- People checking your script files can easier orient themselves
- You need to be careful with the loading order of the scripts (especially if one script removes a recipe and another one adds it).
- There are many ways to categorize your scripts after and yours may be confusing for outsiders.